Is it allowed for masjid to stay without imam?
Assalaam alaikum, sheik my question is … is it allowed for a masjid to stay without imaam..? wassalaam alaikum.
We begin with Allah’s blessed name, we praise him and we glorify him, seek his forgiveness and ask him to guide us. Whoever Allah guides, None can lead astray and whoever he misguides, None can guide. There is no power and no strength except from Allah, The most high, the Most great, the most powerful. We bear witness that there is no one worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers. We pray for peace and blessings on all the noble messengers and in particular on the last of them all “the blessed prophet Mohammad (pbuh)”
lets understand the role of the imam:
- The imam being the most knowlegble person in the community leads people in salah, which is the most important piller of islam. Without an imam the prayer in congregation will suffer.
- The imam is a leader and the guide for the community.
- The duity of imam is to educate and reform the people.
- The imam purify the lives of people in order to prepare them for the hereafter.
- The imam always work for well being and happiness of the community.
- The imam foster brotherhood and love amoung the people.
- The imam helps people in solving social problems, like family disputes, disputes between neighbours etc.
- The imam works towards eliminating social evils.
- The imam educate people about tawheed, and fiqh, and also enjoin them what is good and forbid them what is evil.
- The imam also takes care of the masjid.
Thus having an iman for the musjid is very important for the wellbeing of the muslim community, both in religious and worldly matters.
And Allah alone knows the best.
I ask Allah to make this a sincere effort, seeking his pleasure, and I ask him to grant us refuge in him from the evils within ourselves, and that in our deeds. I ask him to grant us success in achieving whatever pleases him; And May Allah Shower His blessings and mercy upon our beloved Prophet
Muhammad (pbuh), his family and his Companions and on all those who follow him until the final hour.
Ask Your Question
You may also like:Which school of thought should a Muslim follow?